IIF Transaction Creator
Use the IIF Transaction Creator to import transactions from Excel into QuickBooks. Import most transaction types including checks, deposits, bills, invoices, journal entries, credit card charges, and most others.
Download free trial:
Import transactions from Excel into QuickBooks
The IIF Transaction Creator helps you import most transaction types from your Excel worksheets into QuickBooks.
The IIF Creator converts worksheet data into IIF files for import into QuickBooks. As an Excel addin it integrates with Excel and is available directly from the menus in Excel.
To use the IIF Transaction Creator, arrange your data in simple row/column layouts on a spreadsheet. Several layout options are supported including a simple single-row layout and a more complex multi-row layout that resembles a QuickBooks Journal report. Examples are available from the IIF Creator’s menu and can be used as templates.
Most transaction types are supported for import. You can convert these transaction types from your Excel worksheet to an IIF file for import:
| Sales & Customers
|| Purchases & Vendors
|| Banking & Credit Cards
Bill Payment Check
Sales Tax Payment
Credit Card Charge
Credit Card Credit
| General Journal
- Integrate with your company’s lists for a smooth and reliable import.
- Automatically handle new list records such as new names, account, and items.
- Options for handling different transaction layouts including single row, multi-row, and variants of these.
- Create just one or thousands of transactions in your IIF files at a time.
- Automatic sales tax calculation for sales transactions.
- Automatic name and account conflict resolution for easy import into QuickBooks.
- Support for CSV, TXT, and other text files, once opened in Excel.
- Support for Amazon.com sales history files, Authorize.net files, AmEx.com files, Ecommerce Templates files, and GoDaddy cart files, which can all be imported using the Text File Import Wizard.
Download the IIF Transaction Creator for a free trial. Click the Windows or Mac logo above to download. You can use the trial to export up to 100 financial transactions to IIF files for import into QuickBooks (e.g. 100 checks or 100 invoices, or a mix of transactions.) Later when you purchase use your product key to unlock the trial version.
The IIF Transaction Creator is very useful on its own. In addition, our template workbooks can give you additional ideas of different ways to use the IIF Transaction Creator. The templates include an expense report, invoice, journal entry template, a depreciation calculator, and a loan payment calculator. Because they’re specialized Excel workbooks, each of them can be customized for your needs. These don’t replace the in-product examples, but add to them.