IIF Transaction Creator
Use the IIF Transaction Creator to import transactions from Excel into QuickBooks. Import most transaction types including checks, deposits, bills, invoices, journal entries, credit card charges, and most others.
Click icon for free trial:
Import transactions from Excel into QuickBooks
The IIF Transaction Creator helps you import most transaction types from your Excel worksheets into QuickBooks.
The IIF Creator converts worksheet data into IIF files for import into QuickBooks. As an Excel addin it integrates with Excel and is available directly from the menus in Excel.
To use the IIF Transaction Creator, arrange your data in simple row/column layouts on a spreadsheet. Several layout options are supported including a simple single-row layout and a more complex multi-row layout that resembles a QuickBooks Journal report. Examples are available from the IIF Creator’s menu and can be used as templates.
- Integrate with your company’s lists for a smooth and reliable import.
- Automatically handle new list records such as new names, account, and items.
- Options for different transaction layouts including single row, multi-row, and variants of these.
- Create just one or thousands of transactions in your IIF files at a time.
- Automatic sales tax calculation for sales transactions.
- Automatic name and account conflict resolution for easy import into QuickBooks.
- Support for CSV, TXT, and other text files, once opened in Excel.
- Support for Amazon.com sales history files, Authorize.net files, AmEx.com files, Ecommerce Templates files, and GoDaddy cart files, which can all be imported using the Text File Import Wizard.
Most transaction types are supported for import. You can convert these transaction types from your Excel worksheet to an IIF file for import:
| Sales & Customers
|| Purchases & Vendors
|| Banking & Credit Cards
Bill Payment Check
Sales Tax Payment
Credit Card Charge
Credit Card Credit
Download the IIF Transaction Creator for a free trial before you purchase. Click the Windows or Mac logo above to download. You can use the fully-working trial to export up to 100 financial transactions to IIF files for import into QuickBooks (e.g. 100 checks or 100 invoices, or a mix of transactions.) This is the only trial limitation. Later when you purchase use your product key to unlock the trial.
Free Examples & Templates
The IIF Transaction Creator includes examples for the various supported transactions. You can access these from the Examples menu once the IIF Creator is installed. You can use these examples for all of the transaction types listed above. Examples can even be pulled directly from your QB file for review in Excel, so you can see how your accounting and other field values should look in Excel.
We’ve also provided a few extras in the form of templates that you can use on their own or with the IIF Creator. See the template workbooks page for useful extended templates. Use these for additional ideas / different ways to use the IIF Creator. These specialized templates include an expense report, invoice, journal entry template, a depreciation calculator, and a loan payment calculator.