Purchase & Startup Questions
We frequently get these questions:
- Is the purchase one time, annual, or a subscription? Some of our apps are one time and other apps are licensed for a year from purchase. For these apps, after a year you can purchase annual extensions at a reduced price.
- How many users can use the tool I’ve purchased? Each tool is sold as a single user copy. If you will have more than one user for a tool, please purchase a copy for each user.
- What types of payment do you accept? We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
- Is my my credit card information safe with BRC? We actually never receive or store your credit card or PayPal account numbers. Card numbers and related data are sent to the payment processor, but never retained.
- Can I get a discount? Yes, if you purchase two or more products at the same time, you can get a 10% discount. We also offer bundles at a significant savings. See bundles & coupons for more options.
Is help included?
- Yes, each app we offer includes instructions/help that describes how to use it, its capabilities, and answers common questions. Access help from the Instructions, Documentation, or Help menu link or button (depending on the app.)
- If the documentation doesn’t answer your question, please send a support request and we’ll help via email.
How do I install on a new computer?
Basically, download the app and then use your existing product keys to unlock it on your new computer. See instructions.
Haven’t heard back from us?
If you haven’t received your receipt and/or you have not received other requested email responses from us, such as to support requests, your email account may be blocking our email.
Test your email account to see if you get an auto-response from us.
- When you make purchase on our site the server sends your receipt instantly.
- When you request a product key the email response is sent instantly.
- When you send a support request, we will reply. We usually reply the same day or the next business day if your request is received after business hours or on weekends.
See install troubleshooting for steps to resolve.
Getting an odd password prompt?
Excel will sometimes put up a password prompt as Excel is shutting down, and you won’t have any idea what it is. You’re not supposed to see this prompt.
This is usually caused by another application like a virus checker, which is trying to de-compile our addin, which triggers the prompt. Once the prompt is displayed, you will usually need to stop the Excel application in the Windows task manager to get the prompt to go away. To test that this is the issue, temporarily disable your virus checker (or other similar application) and see if the prompt appears again. Typically, the resolution is to update your virus checker, use a different virus checker, or to configure it to not check the addin in this way.