How to enter your product keys
Product keys are issued with your emailed receipt after an initial product purchase or a product annual extension purchase.
Use your initial product purchase key to unlock the product’s trial and convert it to full registered mode.
Adding an annual key will extend your Good Through date by a year, either from the last Good Through date or from the annual purchase date, whichever is later.
After purchase, keys must be added to the products in order to have any effect (there is no automatic sync with the mother ship.)
Entering Product Keys
- When you receive your receipt after purchase, copy the key from your receipt an add it to the product you’ve purchased.
- Be sure to ass your entire key, not just the number portion. It starts with a name followed by a dash and then a 10 digit number. E.G. “Jane Smith-0123456789”
- There are two types of keys: Primary and Annual.
- Primary keys are issued when you first purchase a product license.
- Annual keys are issued subsequently.
- If you have both Primary and Annual keys to enter, such as when moving to a new computer, enter your initial Primary key first.
- For best results, copy your key from your receipt and paste it in the Add Key dialog window.
- If there is no Paste button, use the key combination Ctrl-V to paste.
Follow these steps to enter your key or keys after your purchase
1. Open the About & Purchase dialog Window
a. For Excel-based applications:
Use the About & Purchase button on the application’s custom Ribbon tab or the custom menu (older Excel versions) :
Look for the Key icon:
b. For most non-Excel applications:
Use the About & Purchase menu option:
2. For each key, Click the Add Key button, then Type or paste your key and click Save
After entering your keys
Once entered, the key table will show all your keys and calculated Good Through dates: