Import transactions from Excel into QuickBooks
The IIF Transaction Creator Pro helps you import transactions from Excel worksheets into QuickBooks.
It converts worksheet data into IIF files for import into QuickBooks. It’s an Excel addin and so is available directly from the menus in Excel.
The Pro version includes all the features of the IIF Transaction Creator, with the addition of some special Pro-only features including the Profile Manager, mapping features, and other options and settings to streamline your export to IIF process.
To use the IIF Transaction Creator Pro, arrange your data in row/column layouts on a spreadsheet. Several layout options are supported including a simple single-row layout and a more complex multi-row layout that resembles a QuickBooks Journal report. Template examples can be accessed from the IIF Transaction Creator Pro ‘s menu.
- Import most transaction types into QuickBooks based on your Excel worksheet data (e.g. Checks, Deposits, Invoices, Bills, General Journals, and so on.)
- Include just one or up to thousands of transactions in your IIF files at a time.
- Built in worksheet error checking for better results.
- Automatic name and account conflict resolution for easy import into QuickBooks, for both existing and new list records.
- Automatic sales tax calculation for sales transactions.
- Integrates with your company to create a custom IIF file designed just for your company for a smooth and reliable import.
- Support to help you import Amazon.com, Authorize.net, AmEx.com, Ecommerce Templates, and GoDaddy cart sales history files into QuickBooks.
special Pro-Only Features
In addition to the features of the standard IIF Transaction Creator, the Pro version includes the Profile Manager, mapping features, and other unique options and settings.
– The Profile Manager lets you switch between saved profiles in order to work with different company files or data layouts. Profiles have these properties:
Each profile saves your worksheet layout settings, all of the IIF Creator’s other settings and options, and also each company’s integration data (if you work with multiple companies.)
Common uses for Profiles include working with different companies (with different integrated company data) or with different worksheet styles. Different data can be in single or multi row styles or when the source worksheet data has different field names or other properties that require different settings.
– Mapping helps you customize the IIF Creator Pro to match your data – New!
- Map Names used in Excel to the correct names in QuickBooks. E.g. “Target #123” to “Target” or “Fees” to “Wells Fargo”. This feature includes wildcards for partial matches. It is similar to the Alias tool in QuickBooks’ bank feed/online banking feature.
- Map Transaction Types used in Excel to supported types. E.g. “Debit” to Check, “EFT” to Deposit, or “Statement” to Bill.
– Additional settings help you streamline your export process. These setting include:
- Automatic list integration with QuickBooks as you export. Helps prevent import errors and saves steps.
- Automatic error checking as you export.
- Automatically remove older IIF files from your export folder as you create a new IIF file, which avoids confusion when picking a file to import into QuickBooks.
- Notification when transactions are out of balance. Out of balance transactions are fixed automatically, but some customers want to know.
- Notification when new names, items, or accounts are added to the IIF file, in case that is not expected.
- Class mapping supported in the Multi-Amounts dialog wizard.
Supported Transaction types
Most transaction types are supported for import. You can convert these transaction types from your Excel worksheet to an IIF file for import:
| Sales & Customers
|| Purchases & Vendors
|| Banking & Credit Cards
Bill Payment Check
Sales Tax Payment
Credit Card Charge
Credit Card Credit
Download the IIF Transaction Creator Pro for a free trial before you purchase. Click the Windows logo above to download. You can use the fully-working trial to export up to 100 financial transactions to IIF files for import into QuickBooks (e.g. 100 checks or 100 invoices, or a mix of transactions.) This is the only trial limitation. Later when you purchase use your product key to unlock the trial you’ve already installed.
Free Examples & Templates
The IIF Transaction Creator Pro includes examples for the various supported transactions. You can access these from the Examples menu once the tool is installed. You can use these examples for all of the transaction types listed above. Examples can even be pulled directly from your QB file for review in Excel, so you can see how your accounting and other field values should look in Excel.
We’ve also provided a few extras in the form of templates that you can use on their own or with the IIF Transaction Creator Pro. See the template workbooks page for useful extended templates. Use these for additional ideas / different ways to use the IIF Transaction Creator Pro. These specialized templates include an expense report, invoice, journal entry template, a depreciation calculator, and a loan payment calculator. These templates augment but do not replace the example temples you can access from the menu in Excel once the tool is installed.