QuickBooks 2022 & Enterprise 22.0
QuickBooks converted from a 32-bit to a 64-bit application
However, QuickBooks 2022 does include a huge change, the conversion from a 32-bit application to a 64-bit application. In theory this means QuickBooks can make better use of modern 64-bit processors for better performance. Find our more.
What isn’t commonly discussed is that it is difficult for 32-bit and 64-bit applications to talk to each other. Windows makes it possible, but there are various hurdles and limitations involved. It’s not chance that all of the features dropped from QuickBooks 2022 are external “add-on” applications – which are 32-bit. It appears that Intuit dropped them rather then re-write them.
The change to 64-bit means that external applications – like ours – have to be updated in order to to continue communicate with QuickBooks.
- We’ve re-written the code used to communicate with QuickBooks in most of our products.
- These products will now work with both 32-bit and the new 64-bit QuickBooks.
- As of 10/28/2022 all but one current product has been re-coded and published on our site.
- An update for the List Importer has not yet been released.
What to do:
- To use our products with QuickBooks 2022, install the latest build.
- To install, download and then run the installer for your product. Use this page: Download the Latest Product Builds
- Be sure to review the instructions and notes on the download page, including those for upgraders.
- Specifically, note there is no need to uninstall the old version of your products(s) and that all of your settings and preferences will be retained when upgrading to the new build.