The add-in does not appear in Excel after installation?
QuickBooks Connection Troubleshooting
Many of our tools connect to QuickBooks to get data. In order for this process to work properly, you must have sufficient rights both in QB and Windows and the QuickBooks installation must be working properly.
QB does not always tell you when you don’t have the necessary rights, but instead will fail. Similarly QuickBooks may appear to work fine for most things, but the connection doesn’t work. In these cases, see Connection Troubleshooting.
Installing on a new computer?
Lost your product key?
Getting an odd password prompt?
Excel will sometimes put up a password prompt as you edit and you don’t have any idea what it is. You’re not supposed to see this prompt. It is usually caused by another application like a virus checker, which is trying to de-compile our addin, which triggers the prompt. Once the prompt is displayed, you will usually need to stop the Excel application in the Windows task manager to get the prompt to go away. To test that this is the issue, temporarily disable your virus checker (or other similar application) and see if the prompt appears again. Typically, the resolution is to update your virus checker, use a different virus checker, or to configure it to not check the addin in this way.
Product support questions
– See Frequently Asked Questions.
– Each tool we offer includes documentation/help that describes the tool’s capabilities & answers common questions. Access it from the using the “Documentation” or “Help” menu link or help button (depending on the tool.)
– If the documentation doesn’t answer your questions, send a Support Request and we’ll help via email (we support our products via email.)
We frequently get these questions:
– Is the purchase one time, annual, or a subscription? The purchase is one time. There is no need to purchase the same tool again in the future for the same user.
– How many users can use the tool(s) I’ve purchased? Each tool is sold as a single user copy. If you will have more than one user for a tool, please purchase a copy for each user.
– What types of payment do you accept? We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
– Is my my credit card information safe with BRC? Yes. We never receive or store your credit card or PayPal account numbers when used in our shopping cart or checkout process. So, when the purchase is complete we can’t charge you again unless you purchase again.
– Can I get a discount? Yes, if you purchase two or more products at the same time, you can get a 10% discount. We also offer bundles at a significant savings. See Bundles & Coupons for more information.
Customers sometimes have trouble completing their purchase when a general error like, “An error occurred while communicating with the processing gateway“. If you see errors like this, consider restarting your browser, clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser. If that does not work, please wait 30 minutes or so and try again.
Not sure what a charge from us is on your credit card statement?
Check your email for a receipt from us or ask others in your office if they purchased from us. Or, send a Support Request asking for details. Include the date of the charge, the amount, payment method, and the cardholders name in your request. We’ll research it and reply to you.
Credits & Returns
Generally, we offer returns for 30 days if the tool does not perform as described on our site or in the documentation, and if you have worked with support to attempt to resolve the situation. For more details, see Returns.
If you do encounter problems with one of our tools tool, please send a Support Request. Most problems can be resolved quickly.