Create Positive Pay files from Excel worksheets to submit to your bank.
Use this add-in to create Positive Pay files listing checks approved to pay.
This Excel add-in integrates with Excel in order to process your worksheets.
What are Positive Pay files?
Positive Pay files contain a list of checks, commonly including check numbers, amounts, payees, and check dates. You send the file to your bank, usually using their website. Once received, the bank will only honor checks in your Positive Pay file. This process prevents fraud by ensuring that your bank pays only pays checks you have issued and for the correct amount. Many banks support Positive Pay files for business accounts and they typically require different file formats.
Download this add-in for a free trial, which allows you to try before you buy. You can use the trial to test the add-in in your environment for a limited time.
Currently the Positive Pay file Creator supports the following banks and two custom file types:
- Custom File formats – Define & save custom CSV (comma separated) and TXT (fixed width) files
- Allegiance Bank – TX
- Amegy Bank of Texas – New Nov ’20!
- Amerant Bank – New Nov ’20!
- American Bank – MD
- American National Bank – Omaha
- Anchor Bank of Minnesota – CSV
- BancFirst – Positive Pay – New Feb ’20!
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV 2 – New Nov ’20!
- Bank of America Cash Pro Online CSV, DRS Platform, and SMS Platform formats
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV IMPACS
- Bank of the West
- Bank United – CSV
- BB&T Cash Manager – CSV – New Nov ’20!
- Bennington State Bank
- MO Harris Bank
- BMO Canada – DCH
- Branch Banking & Trust Company – CSV and Fixed formats
- California Bank of Commerce – New Nov ’20!
- California Bank Trust – New Feb ’20!
- Capital One Bank – with & without payee trailer records
- Centennial Bank (My100Bank) – New Nov ’20!
- Chase – CSV
- Chase – ARP Standard
- CIBC Bank USA – MICASH
- CIBC – Fixed Width
- Citibank – CitiDirect SDR, CitiDirect NA, and Standard formats
- Citibank – Standard Positive Pay – CSV
- Citizen Union Bank – New Feb ’20!
- Citizens Bank – RI – Payee Positive Pay – New Nov ’20!
- City National Bank – CSV with Payee 50
- City National Bank – CSV with Payee 140 – New Nov ’20!
- City National Bank – Fixed Input and Fixed Input with Payee 50 formats
- CNB Bank & Trust – New Feb ’20!
- CNL Bank
- CoBANK – Standard and MICASH
- Colorado Business Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Compass Bank – CSV
- Coastal Bank and Trust (Synovus Bank) – MICASH
- Citizens Bank – MI/OH/WI
- Dollar Bank – TXT – New Feb ’20!
- Eastern Bank
- Fifth Third Bank – Standard and CSV formats
- First American Bank – Illinois
- First Bank of Highland Park – New Feb ’20!
- First Citizens Bank – Fixed Field
- First Horizon Bank – New Nov ’20!
- First Republic Bank – CSV
- First Security Bank – New Feb ’20!
- First Trust Bank – CSV
- Frost Bank
- Founders Bank & Trust – MI
- Fulton Bank – New Nov ’20!
- Great Southern Bank – MO
- Hampshire First Bank
- Harris Nesbitt – Issued & Voided Checks
- Heartland Bank – New Nov ’20!
- Heritage Bank Northwest – CSV
- Huntington Bank – CSV
- Iberia Bank – New Nov ’20!
- Jonah Bank of Wyoming
- JP Morgan – PWS Delimited/CSV
- M&T Bank – CSV
- MB Financial
- MB Financial – Web Express – CSV
- Mercantil Bank
- Minnesota Bank & Trust – MICASH – New Nov ’20!
- NexBank – TX
- Pinacle Bank – CSV
- Pinacle Bank (PNC) – CSV
- PNC Bank of Illinois
- PNC Bank – Fixed Length
- Provident Bank
- RBS Citizens Bank
- Regions Bank
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Scotiabank – The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Signature Bank
- Signature Bank – Payee CSV
- South State Bank – Payee Verification – New Nov ’20!
- Suncrest Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank US and Canada
- Tompkins Trust Company
- TowneBank – CSV – New Nov ’20!
- Umpqua Bank – New Feb ’20!
- Union Bank – No Payee Data, With Payee Data, Tab file, and CSV file formats
- United Bank – CT & MA – CSV
- US Bank
- Venture Bank
- Wachovia Bank
- Washington Federal – WAFD – New Nov ’20!
- Wells Fargo – ASCII, ARP – Standard, and ARP – CSV formats
- Whitney Bank/Hancock Bank
- Woodforest Bank – CSV
- Zions Bank – CSV
You can define custom CSV and TXT file formats if your bank is not on the list. This will work for simpler bank requirements.
Many banks that require more detail than is supported using the custom format feature. If your bank isn’t listed, please send us a request to add your bank! We are currently adding banks on request! If your bank is not listed, please send a support request and we will probably be able to add your bank to the bank list using your bank’s file specification document.
Review changes – most recent builds first
Upgrade to the latest latest build!
1.04: Big update!
- Add these bank file formats: Amerant Bank, Amegy Bank of Texas, Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV 2, BB&T Cash Manager – CSV, California Bank of Commerce, Centennial Bank (My100Bank), Citizens Bank – RI – Payee Positive Pay, City National Bank – CSV with Payee 140, First Horizon Bank, Fulton Bank, Heartland Bank, Iberia Bank, Minnesota Bank & Trust – MICASH, South State Bank – Payee Verification, TowneBank – CSV, Washington Federal – WAFD
- Fix an issue for custom bank formats where needed fields like account and routing number didn’t appear.
- Save the Skip prior exported checks option correctly.
- Update trial messaging on the About & Purchase dialog: Trial is for 30 days – unlimited use with no other restrictions!
- Update content and layout of the human-readable review file so that it contains contains more useful information about the positive pay file.
- Improved the messaging when entering and deleting product keys.
- Improve success message which indicates the checks that were included and excluded from the positive pay file, and the reasons to each.
1.03: Add these bank file formats: BancFirst – Positive Pay, Citizen Union Bank, First Security Bank, First Bank of Highland Park, CNB Bank & Trust, California Bank Trust, Umpqua Bank, Dollar Bank – TXT bank.
1.02: Initial release