Create Positive Pay files from QuickBooks Online to submit to your bank.
Use this add-in to create Positive Pay files listing checks approved to pay.
This QuickBooks add-in integrates with QuickBooks using a special report. When using it, you’ll enter the bank account numbers and other information requested by your bank and then create your Positive Pay file without any additional data entry.
What are Positive Pay files?
Positive Pay files contain a list of checks, commonly including check numbers, amounts, payees, and check dates. You send the file to your bank, usually using their website. Once received, the bank will only honor checks in your Positive Pay file. This process prevents fraud by insuring that your bank pays only pays checks you have issued and for the correct amount. Many banks support Positive Pay files for business accounts and they typically require different file formats.
Currently the Positive Pay file Creator supports the following banks and two custom file types:
- Custom File formats – Define & save custom CSV (comma separated) and TXT (fixed width) files
- Allegiance Bank – TX
- American Bank – MD
- American National Bank – Omaha
- Anchor Bank of Minnesota – CSV
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV, Cash Pro Online CSV, DRS Platform, and SMS Platform formats
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV IMPACS – New Oct ’18!
- Bank of the West – New Oct ’18!
- Bank United – CSV – New Oct ’18!
- MO Harris Bank
- BMO Canada – DCH – New July ’18!
- Branch Banking & Trust Company – CSV and Fixed formats
- Capital One Bank – with & without payee names trailer record
- Chase – CSV
- Chase – ARP Standard
- CIBC – Fixed Width
- Citibank – CitiDirect SDR, CitiDirect NA, and Standard formats
- City National Bank – CSV with Payee 50 – New Oct ’18!
- City National Bank – Fixed Input and Fixed Input with Payee 50 formats
- CNL Bank
- CoBANK – Standard and MICASH
- Colorado Business Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Compass Bank – CSV
- Coastal Bank and Trust (Synovus Bank) – MICASH
- Citizens Bank – MI/OH/WI
- Eastern Bank
- Fifth Third Bank – Standard and CSV formats
- First American Bank – Illinois
- First Citizens Bank – Fixed Field
- First Trust Bank – CSV
- Frost Bank
- Founders Bank & Trust – MI
- Great Southern Bank – MO
- Hampshire First Bank
- Harris Nesbitt – Issued & Voided Checks
- Heritage Bank Northwest – CSV – New Oct ’18!
- Huntington Bank – CSV
- Jonah Bank of Wyoming
- JP Morgan – PWS Delimited/CSV
- M&T Bank – CSV – New Oct ’18!
- MB Financial
- MB Financial – Web Express – CSV – New Oct ’18!
- Mercantil Bank
- NexBank – TX
- Pinacle Bank (PNC) – CSV
- PNC Bank of Illinois
- PNC Bank – Fixed Length
- Provident Bank
- RBS Citizens Bank
- Regions Bank
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Scotiabank – The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Signature Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank US and Canada
- Tompkins Trust Company
- Union Bank – No Payee Data, With Payee Data, Tab file, and CSV file formats
- United Bank – CT & MA – CSV
- US Bank
- Venture Bank
- Wachovia Bank
- Wells Fargo – ASCII, ARP – Standard, and ARP – CSV formats
- Whitney Bank/Hancock Bank
- Woodforest Bank – CSV
- Zions Bank – CSV – New Jan ’19!
You can define custom CSV and TXT file formats if your bank is not on the list. This will work for simpler bank requirements.
Many banks that require more detail than is supported using the custom format feature. If your bank isn’t listed, please send us a request to add your bank! We are currently adding banks on request! If your bank is not listed, please send a support request and we will probably be able to add your bank to the bank list using your bank’s file specification document.
Download this addin for a free trial, which allows you to try before you buy. You can use the trial to test the addin in your environment for a limited time. When you purchase then use your product key to unlock the trial to the full version.
2.17: Add Zions Bank to bank list.
2.16: Change to properly include “Payroll Check” type transactions.
2.15: Add 7 new bank file formats.
2.14: Change to save the Skip checks included in prior exports and Bank Code settings with other settings each time you create a positive pay file.
2.13: Add BMO Canada – DCH bank file format.
2.12: Change About & Purchase dialog to handle more than one product key.
2.11: Fix issue where no message appears in a specific case when entering an invalid product key after purchase.