Create Positive Pay files from QuickBooks Online to submit to your bank.
Use this add-in to create Positive Pay files listing checks approved to pay.
This QuickBooks add-in integrates with QuickBooks using a special report. When using it, you’ll enter the bank account numbers and other information requested by your bank and then create your Positive Pay file without any additional data entry.
Download this application for a free 30-day trial. The Positive Pay creator is fully functional during the trial, which allows you to try before you buy. You can use the trial to test the add-in in your environment. When you purchase then use your product key to unlock the trial to the full version.
What are Positive Pay files?
Positive Pay files contain a list of checks, commonly including check numbers, amounts, payees, and check dates. You send the file to your bank, usually using their website. Once received, the bank will only honor checks in your Positive Pay file. This process prevents fraud by ensuring that your bank pays only pays checks you have issued and for the correct amount. Many banks support Positive Pay files for business accounts and they typically require different file formats.
Currently the Positive Pay file Creator supports the following banks and two custom file types:
- Custom File formats – Define & save custom CSV (comma separated) and TXT (fixed width) files
- Allegiance Bank – TX
- Amegy Bank of Texas – New May ’20!
- Amerant Bank – New May ’20!
- American Bank – MD
- American National Bank – Omaha
- Anchor Bank of Minnesota – CSV
- BancFirst – Positive Pay – New Nov ’19!
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV, Cash Pro Online CSV, DRS Platform, and SMS Platform formats
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV IMPACS
- Bank of the West
- Bank United – CSV
- Bennington State Bank
- MO Harris Bank
- BMO Canada – DCH
- Branch Banking & Trust Company – CSV and Fixed formats
- California Bank of Commerce – New May ’20!
- California Bank Trust – New Feb ’20!
- Capital One Bank – with & without payee names trailer record
- Centennial Bank (My100Bank) – New May ’20!
- Chase – CSV
- Chase – ARP Standard
- CIBC Bank USA – MICASH
- CIBC – Fixed Width
- Citibank – CitiDirect SDR, CitiDirect NA, and Standard formats
- Citibank – Standard Positive Pay – CSV
- Citizen Union Bank – New Nov ’19!
- City National Bank – CSV with Payee 50
- City National Bank – Fixed Input and Fixed Input with Payee 50 formats
- CNL Bank
- CoBANK – Standard and MICASH
- Colorado Business Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Compass Bank – CSV
- Coastal Bank and Trust (Synovus Bank) – MICASH
- Citizens Bank – MI/OH/WI
- CNB Bank & Trust – New Nov ’19!
- Dollar Bank – TXT – New Feb ’20!
- Eastern Bank
- Fifth Third Bank – Standard and CSV formats
- First American Bank – Illinois
- First Bank of Highland Park – New Oct ’19!
- First Citizens Bank – Fixed Field
- First Republic Bank – CSV
- First Security Bank – New Nov ’19!
- First Trust Bank – CSV
- Frost Bank
- Founders Bank & Trust – MI
- Fulton Bank – New May ’20!
- Great Southern Bank – MO
- Hampshire First Bank
- Harris Nesbitt – Issued & Voided Checks
- Heartland Bank – New May ’20!
- Heritage Bank Northwest – CSV
- Huntington Bank – CSV
- Jonah Bank of Wyoming
- JP Morgan – PWS Delimited/CSV
- M&T Bank – CSV
- MB Financial
- MB Financial – Web Express – CSV
- Mercantil Bank
- Minnesota Bank & Trust – MICASH – New May ’20!
- NexBank – TX
- Pinacle Bank – CSV
- Pinacle Bank (PNC) – CSV
- PNC Bank of Illinois
- PNC Bank – Fixed Length
- Provident Bank
- RBS Citizens Bank
- Regions Bank
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Scotiabank – The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Signature Bank
- Signature Bank – Payee CSV
- Suncrest Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank US and Canada
- Tompkins Trust Company
- Umpqua Bank – New Feb ’20!
- Union Bank – No Payee Data, With Payee Data, Tab file, and CSV file formats
- United Bank – CT & MA – CSV
- US Bank
- Venture Bank
- Wachovia Bank
- Wells Fargo – ASCII, ARP – Standard, and ARP – CSV formats
- Whitney Bank/Hancock Bank
- Woodforest Bank – CSV
- Zions Bank – CSV
You can define custom CSV and TXT file formats if your bank is not on the list. This will work for simpler bank requirements.
Many banks that require more detail than is supported using the custom format feature. If your bank isn’t listed, please send us a request to add your bank! We are currently adding banks on request! If your bank is not listed, please send a support request and we will probably be able to add your bank to the bank list using your bank’s file specification document.
2.27: Update the Backup menu items.
2.26: Fix bug introduced in prior release where the review file overrode the main output file.
2.25: Add error messages for cases where the positive pay output file can’t be replaced or created – such as when the existing file is in use or the file name or path is not valid.
2.24: Fix the Amegy and FifthThird bank file formats to include cents in the dollar amounts.
2.23: Add California Bank of Commerce, Centennial Bank (My100Bank), Fulton Bank, Heartland Bank, Minnesota Bank & Trust – MICASH, Amerant Bank, and Amegy Bank of Texas bank file formats. Update JP Morgan – PWS Delimited/CSV file format to remove a now unused column.
2.22: Add California Bank Trust, Umpqua Bank, and Dollar Bank – TXT file formats.
2.21: Add BancFirst – Positive Pay, Citizen Union Bank, First Security Bank, CNB Bank & Trust file formats. Correct messaging code for checks that are skipped. Now include Sales Tax Payment checks.
2.20: Add First Bank of Highland Park.
2.19: Set and correctly display good through date in the About dialog for certain upgrade paths.
2.18b: Installer update to attempt to solve missing ocx control issue.
2.18: Add CIBC Bank USA – MICASH, Bennington State Bank, CIBC Bank USA – MICASH, Citibank – Standard Positive Pay – CSV, First Republic Bank – CSV, Pinacle Bank – CSV, Signature Bank – Payee CSV, and Suncrest Bank.
2.17: Add Zions Bank.
2.16: Changes to properly include “Payroll Check” type transactions.
2.15: Add 7 new bank file formats.
2.14: Change to save the Skip checks included in prior exports and Bank Code settings with other settings each time you create a positive pay file.
2.13: Add BMO Canada – DCH bank file format.
2.12: Change About & Purchase dialog to handle more than one product key.
2.11: Fix issue where no message appears in a specific case when entering an invalid product key after purchase.