Use this add-in to create Positive Pay files listing checks approved to pay.
This QuickBooks add-in integrates with QuickBooks using a special report. When using it, you’ll enter the bank account numbers and other information requested by your bank and then create your Positive Pay file without any additional data entry.
Download this application for a free 30-day trial. The Positive Pay creator is fully functional during the trial, which allows you to try before you buy. You can use the trial to test it in your environment. After you purchase, use the product key we’ll issue to unlock the trial to the full version.
Positive Pay files contain a list of checks, commonly including check numbers, amounts, payees, and check dates. You send the file to your bank, usually using their website. Once received, the bank will only honor checks in your Positive Pay file. This process prevents fraud by ensuring that your bank pays only pays checks you have issued and for the correct amount. Many banks support Positive Pay files for business accounts and they typically require different file formats.
You can also define custom CSV and TXT file formats if your bank is not on the list. This works well for simpler bank requirements.
However, many banks require more detail than is supported using the custom file feature. If this is the case with your bank, we made be able to add it to the list of banks for you. If your bank is not on the list of banks, please send a support request to let us know. We can likely add your bank to the PositivePay tool using your bank’s file specification / requirements document.
Review changes – most recent builds first
Upgrade to the latest latest build!
2.35: Big update!
– Significant changes to behavior and to clarify messaging when adding product keys.
– Smarter handling of settings backup file when creating and restoring settings – to help with transition to a new computer.
– Changes to status messages at top of main window.
– Smarter code to determine default file name and location, updates to the layout and contents of the Positive Pay Summary Review file that is optionally created for your records each time you create a PositivePay file.
– Add “Check for Updates” option to the Help & Support menu, which takes you to this page to see if there are updates (free to download and install.)
– Add link to create a support request to the Help & Support menu – which prefills fields on the support request form.
– Add the following bank file formats: First National Bank of Long Island, First Northern Bank, M&T Bank – Web InfoPLU$ CSV, Capital One Bank – Payee – CSV, Columbia State Bank – CSV, Professional Bank Florida – CSV, EH Private Bank, Investors Bank – CSV, Bank of America – ARP/Payee Positive Pay, Bank of America – ARP/Payee Positive Pay Canada, OceanFirst Bank – Fixed Format, Westamerica Bank – CSV, Bank of Greene County
2.34: Changes to make adding bank accounts to the account list easier. Also fix some issues with deleting accounts and prevent duplicate accounts from being created.
2.31: Improve messaging when the QBO report does not include the correct columns. Update layout for various windows. Update documentation. Improve product key handling.
2.28: Replaced the readme file with updated instructions appropriate for this product.
2.28: Add Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV 2, BB&T Cash Manager – CSV, Citizens Bank – RI – Payee Positive Pay, City National Bank – CSV with Payee 140, Iberia Bank, South State Bank – Payee Verification, TowneBank – CSV, Washington Federal – WAFD bank file formats. Update the review file contents to include more information about the positive pay file including file name, bank format selected, and the number of checks included in the positive pay file.
2.27: Update the Backup menu items.
2.26: Fix bug introduced in prior release where the review file overrode the main output file.
2.25: Add error messages for cases where the positive pay output file can’t be replaced or created – such as when the existing file is in use or the file name or path is not valid.
2.24: Fix the Amegy and FifthThird bank file formats to include cents in the dollar amounts.
2.23: Add California Bank of Commerce, Centennial Bank (My100Bank), Fulton Bank, Heartland Bank, Minnesota Bank & Trust – MICASH, Amerant Bank, and Amegy Bank of Texas bank file formats. Update JP Morgan – PWS Delimited/CSV file format to remove a now unused column.
2.22: Add California Bank Trust, Umpqua Bank, and Dollar Bank – TXT file formats.
2.21: Add BancFirst – Positive Pay, Citizen Union Bank, First Security Bank, CNB Bank & Trust file formats. Correct messaging code for checks that are skipped. Now include Sales Tax Payment checks.
2.20: Add First Bank of Highland Park.
2.19: Set and correctly display good through date in the About dialog for certain upgrade paths.
2.18b: Installer update to attempt to solve missing ocx control issue.
2.18: Add CIBC Bank USA – MICASH, Bennington State Bank, CIBC Bank USA – MICASH, Citibank – Standard Positive Pay – CSV, First Republic Bank – CSV, Pinacle Bank – CSV, Signature Bank – Payee CSV, and Suncrest Bank.
2.17: Add Zions Bank.
2.16: Changes to properly include “Payroll Check” type transactions.
2.15: Add 7 new bank file formats.
2.14: Change to save the Skip checks included in prior exports and Bank Code settings with other settings each time you create a positive pay file.
2.13: Add BMO Canada – DCH bank file format.
2.12: Change About & Purchase dialog to handle more than one product key.
2.11: Fix issue where no message appears in a specific case when entering an invalid product key after purchase.