Export PositivePay files from QuickBooks to submit to your bank.
Use this addin to create PositivePay files containing your uncleared and voided checks.
This QuickBooks addin integrates directly within QuickBooks. You access it from the Banking menu and from there quickly pick the bank account you want to export, enter the information provided by your bank, and then create the PositivePay file.
What are Positive Pay files?
PositivePay files contain a list of uncleared checks, with their check numbers and Amounts, which you can submit to your Bank. Once received, the bank will only honor checks in your PositivePay file. This helps prevent fraud and endures that the banks pay the correct amount for each check you have issued, and only the checks you have issued. Many banks support a type of PositivePay file, which is often different per bank.
Currently the PositivePay file Creator supports the following banks and custom formats:
- Custom CSV – CSV file formats you can define & save
- Custom TXT – Fixed width file formats you can define & save
- Allegiance Bank – TX – NEW!
- American Bank – MD
- American National Bank – Omaha
- Anchor Bank of Minnesota – CSV
- Bank of America
- Bank of America – Cash Pro CSV, Cash Pro Online CSV, DRS Platform, and SMS Platform formats
- Bank of America – Cash Pro Online CSV
- BMO Harris Bank
- Branch Banking & Trust Company – CSV
- Branch Banking & Trust Company – Fixed Format
- Capital One Bank – with & without payee names trailer record
- Chase – CSV Format
- Citibank – CitiDirect SDR, CitiDirect NA, and Standard formats
- City National Bank – Fixed Input
- City National Bank – Fixed Input with Payee 50 – NEW!
- CoBANK – MICASH
- Colorado Business Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Coastal Bank and Trust (Synovus Bank) – MICASH
- Citizens Bank – MI/OH/WI
- Eastern Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- Fifth Third Bank – CSV
- First American Bank – Illinois
- First Citizens Bank – Fixed Field
- First Midwest Bank – Payee and Traditional formats
- First Midwest Bank of Illinois – Payee
- First Midwest Bank of Illinois – Payee M Revised
- Frost Bank – NEW!
- Founders Bank & Trust – MI
- Great Southern Bank – MO – NEW!
- Hampshire First Bank
- Harris Nesbitt – Issued & Voided Checks
- Huntington Bank – CSV – NEW!
- Jonah Bank of Wyoming
- JP Morgan – PWS Delimited/CSV
- MB Financial
- NexBank – TX
- Pinacle Bank (PNC) – CSV
- PNC Bank of Illinois
- PNC Bank – Fixed Length
- RBS Citizens Bank
- Regions Bank
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Scotiabank – The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Signature Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank US and Canada
- Tompkins Trust Company
- Union Bank – No Payee Data
- Union Bank – With Payee Data
- Union Bank – Tab File
- Union Bank – CSV File
- US Bank
- Venture Bank
- Wachovia Bank
- Webster Bank – NY
- Wells Fargo – ASCII, ARP – Standard, and ARP – CSV formats
- Whitney Bank/Hancock Bank
- Woodforest Bank – CSV
- Generic Bank Format
You also can define custom CSV and TXT file formats if your bank is not on the list.
For banks that require more detail than you can configure using this custom file format feature, please send us a request for an addition. We are adding banks to the list. If your bank is not listed, please email us and we may be able to add your bank to the bank list:
Download this addin for a free trial, which allows you to try before you buy. Click the Windows logo above to download. You can use the trial to test the addin in your environment for a limited time. When you purchase then use your product key to unlock the trial to the full version.